Are you planning to move goods from one country to another and need to book a shipping container? Importing and exporting goods is a process that entails regulations, loads of documentation and considering factors such as container fumigation. Moving freight is a daunting prospect if you’re new to the game!
Booking a shipping container through a transport and logistics company minimises hassles but you need to be aware of certain aspects to ensure a successful freighting experience. Keep reading to find out more about the things that make shipping goods a streamlined and smoother experience.
5 Things You Need to Know Before Booking a Shipping Container
1. Let Transport and Logistics Experts Handle Your Freight
Picking up the phone and booking a shipping container is easy enough but what follows could turn into a nightmare if you’re not equipped to manage the process. Hiring the services of a reputable transport and logistics company is a solution worth considering if you want to import and export goods safely, legally and on time.
Moving cargo from country to another is best handled by transport and logistics experts who are well-trained in the process. They’re equipped with the knowledge, skills and proper equipment to ensure your goods are shipped securely and timeously. Letting the experts handle all aspects of your transportation needs takes a weight off your shoulders, knowing your goods are in safe hands from beginning to end.
2. Choose Transport and Logistics Experts That Offer All-in-One Services
Booking a shipping container is merely one step in the process of importing or exporting goods. Considering the following aspects is essential for safe and timeous handling of your shipping container:
- Who will pick up your cargo?
- How will it be packed into a container?
- Do your goods need to be stored in a warehouse before leaving the port?
- How will your goods be transported on land?
Choosing transport and logistics experts who can handle all aspects of cargo freighting keeps the process under one roof, minimising the risk of costly glitches. Finding a company that can offer an all-in-one solution to your freighting needs allows for a smoother process throughout.
3. Know What to Look for In a Company That Offers One-Stop Solutions
Transport and logistics companies that promote one-stop solutions should be able to offer you the following services:
- A large fleet of trucks: Transportation of goods from or to ports or warehouses and to final destinations needs to be done efficiently to ensure your cargo is safe and arrives in one piece. A company that offers a range of trucks for handling light and heavy loads reduces the need to hire a separate service provider to move your goods on land.
- Storage facilities: If your goods need to be stored in a warehouse before being loaded for shipping or delivery to their final destination, you need a company that can offer this service. Storage facilities need to be secure and hygienic, ensuring your goods are safe before or after shipping.
- Side loader transport: Efficient handling of goods ensures there’s minimal damage when loading or offloading shipping containers. Side loader services ensure that shipping containers are secure during this process.
Other useful services to look for include packing and unpacking services, mass management and oversized freight transportation.
4. Work With a Company That Handles Container Fumigation
Many countries, including Australia, have strict regulations in place to protect biodiversity and food security. Dealing with pest infestations caused by insects such as the brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB) is a number one priority to avoid whole crops from being annihilated.
If you’re importing goods from target risk countries, your cargo will need to undergo fumigation. Working with a transport and logistics company that includes container fumigation in their list of services ensures your goods are treated in compliance with safety regulations.
5. Find a Company That Offers 24/7 Customer Service
Keeping track of your shipping container is an essential service you want to offer your clients when handling their goods. Working with a transport and logistics company that is available 24/7 to handle your queries gives you access to the information you need, day or night.
A reputable transport and logistics team understands the value of offering excellent customer service every day of the week, throughout the year. Before booking a shipping container with a company, do your research and find out how seriously they take customer care.
Knowing what to look out for before booking a shipping container saves you time and money. Working with a transport and logistics team that offers end-to-end services means you can sit back and relax knowing your freight is in reliable hands.
All-in-one services that include wharf cartage, side loader transport and road transportation make for the secure and efficient handling of shipping containers. Top-notch customer service, container fumigation and storage facilities streamline the freighting process for you.
Importing and exporting goods becomes a whole lot easier when partnering with experts in the industry!