Want to share a PDF file but are worried about the size? Not sure how many people will download it, or want to ensure that no one else can edit it? Or maybe you just want to break a large PDF into smaller chunks so that it’s easier for your clients or colleagues to read. No matter what the reason, if you need to split up a PDF file, there are several ways you can do it!
Using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat Pro can be used to split PDF files into multiple sections. To use this feature, you can use the Split command or the Split Pages command. The first option is useful when you want to send the file via email or print it out, while the second one will give you smaller files that are easier to store and access than one large document.
According to Adobe Acrobat, “Try the finest quality online tools to split PDF files.”
Using Google Drive
Google Drive is a free service that comes with your Google account and allows you to store and edit files in the cloud.
To use Google Drive, you’ll need to:
- Sign in to your Google account at https://drive.google.com/.
- Click on “Edit” from inside any document and then select “Select” from the menu of options at the top of your screen. You can also click on “Select” from the toolbar at the bottom of your screen after opening a document or clicking on it as a file preview in Google Docs or Sheets (this will open up only if there are multiple pages).
Using a Chrome Extension
You can use a Chrome extension to split a PDF file.
- Download a free PDF file splitter extension. A few options include [pdf-splitter](https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pdf-splitter/) and [pdfundivided](https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pdfundivided/?hl=en).
- Install the extension for your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
- Open the PDF file in Google Docs and click Split in the top right corner of your screen next to where you see “Edit” listed (or press Control + E). A box will appear asking how many pages you would like to divide into—choose your desired number!
PDFSAM is a free online tool that allows you to split PDF files into smaller ones. It’s easy to use and doesn’t require any technical knowledge, making it accessible for anyone looking for a quick solution.
The process of splitting a document with PDFSAM is simple: upload your file and specify the page range you want to split it into, then click “Split” to generate new .pdf files with each page as its own separate document. You can choose how many pages are created in each file or leave it up to the app’s default settings.
Once your PDF is divided into smaller documents, they’ll be automatically downloaded onto your computer as separate downloads (or sent via email if you prefer). These files open instantly without needing any additional software installed on your device; however, it’s recommended downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (which requires registration) if you plan on opening these documents regularly—it’s available online here!
PDF files can be a pain to work with, especially if you’re trying to share them with others. Sometimes you need to work on the same document at the same time, but most PDF viewers only allow one person at a time to edit documents. Luckily, there are plenty of ways around this problem! Hope these tips have helped you find the best solution for your needs.